Flu Wiki Forum
Welcome to the conversation Forum of Flu Wiki
This is an international website intended to remain accessible to as many people as possible. The opinions expressed here are those of the individual posters who remain solely responsible for the content of their messages.
The use of good judgement during the discussion of controversial issues would be greatly appreciated.
Sat Apr 28, 2012 at 23:44:04 PM EDT
Reminder: Please do not post whole articles, just snippets and links, and do not post articles from the Las Vegas Review-Journal. Thanks!
• Flu vaccine could save thousands of hospital visits (Link)
• Tamil Nadu: One more case of A (H1N1) (Link)
• Gujarat: 1 more tests positive to swine flu in Ahmedabad (Link)
• Madhya Pradesh: Woman tests positive for swine flu (Link)
• Coordinating Minister For People's Welfare: Menkes In A Coma (translated) (Snip) (Link)
• Indonesian child dies from H5N1 infection (Link)
• Indonesian Health Minister dies (Link)
• Safe Journey Mrs. Endang Rahayu Sedyaningsih (translated) (Link)
• CIDRAP: US hospital antiviral prescribing for flu dropped in year after pandemic (Link)
• CIDRAP: Study finds substantial cost burden of flu in young kids (Link)
• Bird flu research from UW-Madison finally published (Link)
• NOVAVAX Launches Phase I Clinical Trial of A/H5N1 Influenza Vaccine Candidate (Link)
• Recombinomics: Adaptation of Egypt H5N1 Toward Human Transmission (Link)
• Helen Branswell: Bird flu study: Three mutations might give virus ability to transmit to humans (Link)
• Laurie Garrett: Manmade H5N1 Paper Finally Published, And Worrying (Link)
• Science magazine: One of Two Hotly Debated H5N1 Papers Finally Published (Link)
• Discover Magazine: Behold The Forbidden Flu - A Loom Explainer (Link)
• Wired: Lab Security Standards Raise Chances of Mutant-Bird-Flu Catastrophe (Link)
• H (Link)
| NewsDiary :: News Reports for May 2, 2012
News for May 1, 2012 is here.
Thanks to all of the newshounds! Special thanks to the newshound volunteers who translate international stories - thanks for keeping us all informed!
Other useful links:
WHO A(H1N1) Site
WHO H5N1 human case totals, last updated April 12, 2012
Charts and Graphs on H5N1 from WHO
Google Flu Trends
CDC Weekly Influenza Summary
Map of seasonal influenza in the U.S.
CIDPC (Canada) Weekly FluWatch
UK RCGP Weekly Data on Communicable and Respiratory Diseases
Flu Wiki Main Page