Flu Wiki Forum
Welcome to the conversation Forum of Flu Wiki
This is an international website intended to remain accessible to as many people as possible. The opinions expressed here are those of the individual posters who remain solely responsible for the content of their messages.
The use of good judgement during the discussion of controversial issues would be greatly appreciated.
Sun Aug 26, 2012 at 13:46:28 PM EDT
Reminder: Please do not post whole articles, just snippets and links, and do not post articles from the Las Vegas Review-Journal. Thanks!
• Helen Branswell/Canadian Press: U.S. reporting first death due to new swine flu; no person-to-person spread seen (Link)
• Maharashtra: PMC medical staff refuse H1N1 vaccine (Link)
• Madhya Pradesh: 3 cases of swine flu detected in Madhya Pradesh (Link)
• Andhra Pradesh: Another swine flu case in the Hyderabad (Link)
• Maharashtra: H1N1 cases touch 100 mark in August (Link)
• Manila bans Dutch poultry on avian influenza fears Friday (Link)
• MN: Three human cases of [H1N2v] influenza linked to swine exposure at State Fair (Link)
• OH: First death linked to swine flu is Ohio woman, 61 (Link)
• OH: Lake County: Swine flu case under investigation (Link)
• OH: One Lake County child was hospitalized with 'swine flu'; another Ohioan died (Link)
• PA: Canine Flu Making Inroads in Region (Link)
• WI: State reports 15 cases of influenza after patients were near pigs (Link)
• Recombinomics: CDC Adds H3N2v Column In Week 33 FluView (Link)
• Recombinomics: Seven H3N2v Cases In Manitowoc County Wisconsin (Link)
• Recombinomics: West Virginia Reports H3N2v and Seasonal H3 in Week 32 (Link)
• H (Link)
| NewsDiary :: News Reports for August 31, 2012
News for August 30, 2012 is here.
Thanks to all of the newshounds! Special thanks to the newshound volunteers who translate international stories - thanks for keeping us all informed!
Other useful links:
WHO A(H1N1) Site
WHO H5N1 human case totals, last updated August 10, 2012
Charts and Graphs on H5N1 from WHO
Google Flu Trends
CDC Weekly Influenza Summary
Map of seasonal influenza in the U.S.
CIDPC (Canada) Weekly FluWatch
UK RCGP Weekly Data on Communicable and Respiratory Diseases
Flu Wiki Main Page