Flu Wiki Forum
Welcome to the conversation Forum of Flu Wiki
This is an international website intended to remain accessible to as many people as possible. The opinions expressed here are those of the individual posters who remain solely responsible for the content of their messages.
The use of good judgement during the discussion of controversial issues would be greatly appreciated.
Sat Aug 11, 2012 at 23:42:10 PM EDT
Reminder: Please do not post whole articles, just snippets and links, and do not post articles from the Las Vegas Review-Journal. Thanks!
• Australia: Bad flu season at Broken Hill nursing homes (New South Wales) (Link)
• Indonesia Reports 9th Bird Flu Death This Year (Link)
• FDA approves flu vaccine for coming season (Link)
• New flu virus, apparently linked to swine, has officials wary (Link)
• IN: 23 residents test positive for new influenza virus (Link)
• OH: Ohio Swine Flu Cases Rises To 54 (Link)
• OR: Swine flu showing up at fairs, prompting extra precautions locally (Link)
• Recombinomics: CDC Cites Recent Human H3N2v (Link)
• Recombinomics: CDC Ignores NA Lineage Change in All 2012 H3N2v Cases (Link)
• Recombinomics: H3N2v Ohio Cases Increase to 47 in 11 Counties (Link)
• US: National Pork Board Clarifies How Influenza is Named (Link)
• H (Link)
| NewsDiary :: News Reports for August 14, 2012
News for August 13, 2012 is here.
Thanks to all of the newshounds! Special thanks to the newshound volunteers who translate international stories - thanks for keeping us all informed!
Other useful links:
WHO A(H1N1) Site
WHO H5N1 human case totals, last updated August 10, 2012
Charts and Graphs on H5N1 from WHO
Google Flu Trends
CDC Weekly Influenza Summary
Map of seasonal influenza in the U.S.
CIDPC (Canada) Weekly FluWatch
UK RCGP Weekly Data on Communicable and Respiratory Diseases
Flu Wiki Main Page