Flu Wiki Forum
Welcome to the conversation Forum of Flu Wiki
This is an international website intended to remain accessible to as many people as possible. The opinions expressed here are those of the individual posters who remain solely responsible for the content of their messages.
The use of good judgement during the discussion of controversial issues would be greatly appreciated.
Sat Dec 08, 2012 at 14:30:14 PM EST
Reminder: Please do not post whole articles, just snippets and links, and do not post articles from the Las Vegas Review-Journal. Thanks!
• Bird Flu Alert in Indonesia (Link)
• Identifies New Strain of Bird Flu (Link)
• US: HHS offers some forecasts on medical countermeasures (Link)
• KY: Health officials: Flu levels 'widespread' in Kentucky (Link)
• MI: Flu shots urged amid reports of spike in Michigan influenza cases (Link)
• PA: Flu beats the holiday rush, hits Poconos already (Link)
• PA: Reported area flu cases on the rise (Link)
• RI: Health department declares flu emergency (Link)
• New coronavirus can infect cells from multiple species (Link)
• Study finds substantial flu virus shedding even without symptoms (Link)
• Public health infrastructure key to fighting pandemics, outbreaks: review (Link)
• Maryn McKenna: The New Coronavirus - More Cases, More Deaths, Unclear Transmission (Link)
• H (Link)
| NewsDiary :: News Reports for December 13, 2012
News for December 12, 2012 is here.
Thanks to all of the newshounds! Special thanks to the newshound volunteers who translate international stories - thanks for keeping us all informed!
Other useful links:
WHO A(H1N1) Site
WHO H5N1 human case totals, last updated August 10, 2012
Charts and Graphs on H5N1 from WHO
Google Flu Trends
CDC Weekly Influenza Summary
Map of seasonal influenza in the U.S.
CIDPC (Canada) Weekly FluWatch
UK RCGP Weekly Data on Communicable and Respiratory Diseases