Flu Wiki Forum
Welcome to the conversation Forum of Flu Wiki
This is an international website intended to remain accessible to as many people as possible. The opinions expressed here are those of the individual posters who remain solely responsible for the content of their messages.
The use of good judgement during the discussion of controversial issues would be greatly appreciated.
Sun Feb 24, 2013 at 19:49:43 PM EST
Reminder: Please do not post whole articles, just snippets and links, and do not post articles from the Las Vegas Review-Journal. Thanks!
• Cambodian PM Orders "Strict Measures" to Curb Bird Flu Outbreaks (Link)
• Recalling the past, looking to the future (Link)
• Swine flu returns, though less deadly than last year (Link)
• Four More Okahomans Die From Flu; Total Now at 30 (Link)
• Vaccine, 'cocooning' recommended to reduce flu (Link)
• Mutation altering stability of surface molecule in acid enables H5N1 infection of mammals (Link)
• Scientists Sift For Clues On SARS-Like Virus (Link)
• Wolf in Sheep's Clothing: Uncovering How Deadly Bacteria Trick the Immune System (Link)
• Mutation Enables Bird Flu Infection of Mammals (Link)
• Study: A Single Mutation In H5N1 HA Enhances Replication In Mice (Blog and study)
• A novel coronavirus capable of causing fatal disease (Link)
• Emerging deadly virus demands swift action (Link)
• H (Link)
| NewsDiary :: News Reports for March 1, 2013
News for February 28, 2013 is here.
Thanks to all of the newshounds! Special thanks to the newshound volunteers who translate international stories - thanks for keeping us all informed!
Other useful links:
WHO A(H1N1) Site
WHO H5N1 human case totals, last updated February 15, 2013
Charts and Graphs on H5N1 from WHO
Google Flu Trends
CDC Weekly Influenza Summary
Map of seasonal influenza in the U.S.
CIDPC (Canada) Weekly FluWatch
UK RCGP Weekly Data on Communicable and Respiratory Diseases